Sunday, December 30, 2007

X-Mania 8 Complete Results

Here are the brackets for X-Mania 8 plus some notes from 2ch posters. I took the graphics from the INH blog and added english player nicks. Box art from PipeRifle via Something Awful.

EDIT: ugh.

A Block
I guess that first team is Pony, Tsunoppi and Mattsun. Apparently they had an epic battle with the double Dhalsim team.
Nantanki AKA Ralph
Namiken AKA DoM AKA Popo Sousui (Inomata couldn't make it.)

B Block
Taira and Shiro got destroyed by Otochun.
Shogatsu, teamed with Nia (Honda) and Akynd (O.Ken,) once again pummeled Muteki.
Kusumondo stopped Shogatsu in a West-East New-Old Honda showdown.

C Block
Kurahashi beat Gian, but he and Nuki got swept by Tama.

Finals
Three Dhalsims in the final block put a damper on the excitement level.
Komoda's losing streak vs. Gian @ X-Mania finally ends. 1 for 3.

Kusumondo def. ARG
Gian def. Kusumondo
Gian def. Otochun
Komoda def. Gian
Tamashima def. Komoda

Gian OCV'ed Noguchi's team. So did Otochun.

6 comments:

  1. Good lord, I remember that picture! HAHA, you've been saving that one for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurahashi Ryu? :(
    I know his Ryu is beastly but I'd rather see his Guile. ^^

    Anyways, Congratulations to Gian, ARG and Tama, and my deepest condolences to Komoda hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to SBO 08? Nohoho? Finally it's "arcade perfect", no more AE crap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleaned up a couple wicked errors. Komoda did beat Gian. Screwey nicknames messin' me up, too.

    jms - hehe I've got another one of Dhalsim farting out a giant yoga flame that would have worked too.

    dude - Yeah Kurahashi's 'killing machine' routine is more interesting when he's using Guile.

    10:23 - if there's an east coast Q I'll try my luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when does the dvd go on sale?

    ReplyDelete
  6. INH isn't producing a DVD. Whether or not someone else (Capcom, Arcadia) will isn't clear.

    ReplyDelete