- 3on3 elimination
- Super (aka Old) characters OK
- No Akuma
- No duplicate characters on a team
(Old and New count as different characters)
- No switching characters
- Rock paper scissors to choose sides
- Before the match, each team tells the staff who is going first
- Fixed turbo 3
(i.e. American speed 2 = the second highest setting)
- Otherwise factory settings
Here are some posts regarding the last couple times SF2 was at SBO:
2007 Preview & Muteki Interview
Tougeki 2007 HSF2 Results
Taira's Trickery - 2007 SBO Tactics
2008 List of Teams
Tougeki 2008 SSF2X Results
Minimum Logic in Action
Riz0ne found a nice demonstration of both Minimum Logic concepts (one, two.) Thank you!
At 1:32 and 3:07 you can see Aniken using built-in Dragon Punches. Nice display of Ken vs. Honda okiseme throughout that match.
Then at 1:39, if Aniken had done a button release fierce fireball he could have blocked or DP'ed SIN's Sumo Drop.