SBO '10 Super Turbo Qualifiers
There are some pictures on the official site.
5/2 Gian Recital
Noguchi (CL), Tama (BX), Hakase (DH)
5/9 Game Newton
Gian (DH), Kurahashi (RY), YuuVega (DI)
5/16 Shirone Chance
Nuki (CH), Muteki (GU), Shiki (BX)*
KKY (DH), Kikai (GU), Kita (CH)
Some other teams in the mix. Info from 2ch take it with a grain of salt.
Komoda (BL), yaya (SG/GU?), Taira (DI)
ARG (CL), Star (BX), Prince (CH)
Aniken (KE), Otochun (CH), D (RY)
Tsuji (BX), Inro (OCH), Danjiri Dhalsim**
Futachan (RY), MAO (CL), Ito (DJ)
* Nuki is teaming up with Haitani (Makoto) and Kokujin (Dudley) for Third Strike (Q report). Couple of nasty teams there; I'm looking forward to seeing what all five of those guys come up with.
** Two-thirds of this team took 2nd place at A-cho the other day. Inro has a reputation as a Chun killer — she's beaten Otochun here and there — if that team gets a spot they should have some interesting cards.
Gian Recital Results 050210
Hakase (Dhalsim), Tamashima (Boxer), Noguchi (Claw), Shogatsu (O.Honda), Abebin (Honda)
Gian (Dhalsim), YuuVega (Dictator), Kurahashi (Ryu), Yoshimura (Dhalsim), AFO (Blanka)
YouTube user smoai posted a bunch of stream footage. Muteki was looking fierce; supposedly he's been staying sharp online.
Versus Team Battle Videos 051810
Chika (EH), Peco (OK), Toutanki (TH), Kurahashi (RY), Keishin (CH), Abebin (EH), Hiroyan (TH), Choshu (KE), Shinomaru (RY), Muneo (OS), H (BL), Shin (TH), Mu (DH), Hitomi [Nia] (EH), Sasori (RY), VIPER (TH), Numa (BX), Nakamura (CA), Fujinuma (CH), Komoda Blanka, Cardician (GU), KG (ZA)
Newcomer Hiroyan Hawk looked great. In part two there's a nice example of a technique I've mentioned in passing: the button release Typhoon and Tomahawk Buster are done all in one quick motion.
Vampire Savior Diagram Version 3
DD posted a new character ranking chart over here. He explains a bit why Sasquatch - Lilith got changed from 7:3 to 6:4. Quick paraphrase:
- She has the edge with the combo damage: 70% off a jump-in [cancel Luminous]. Sasquatch combo after ES command throw iffy.
- Good defense: Sas's short dash doesn't hit properly up close. Beat high/low mix-ups with Shining Blade.
- Nasty ambiguous cross-up:
"I really can't tell the jumping forward and jumping fierces apart LOL"
- Risk on Sasquatch's side: if she jumps over a standing strong that's 70% life gone.
The Starving Artist
Here's Akiman with his nose to the grindstone as usual.